Cruelty Free | Botanics Skincare Review

04:04



So, on my quest for a completely cruelty free life, i needed some new skincare products as a lot of my old favourites were by brands that test on animals! Thats when i came across Botanics!  If i'm honest i came across this because i saw a big half price offer sign and was drawn in! and i'm so happy i was! I got all these products for just under £20!

They also do an organic range which i'm going to start slowly trying out some of the products (It's a little bit more expensive, as you would imagine! )


Micellar 3 in 1 Cleansing Solution 
One of my favourite skincare products is micellar water, so when i found this brand i was happy to see they did one! Not only one, but they have a couple of options too, a calming one and a brightening one! 
As for the micellar water itself, i love it! It removes my make-up perfectly and doesn't leave my skin irritated, big thumbs up!

Cleansing Toner All Bright
As toners go this is a lovely product, but if i'm honest i feel like it's a bit of an unnecessary step in my personal skin care routine. It doesn't take any left over make-up off, the micellar water does a perfect job! So i tried missing this step for a few days, and i didn't notice a difference, but if you love toner it's very gentle and leaves my skin feeling soft!

Purifying Face Scrub All Bright
This is one of my favourite products from the products i tried out, i have extremely easily irritated skin and i do struggle with scrubs, so i tend to just skip this skin care step. Now i have found this one i'm so happy to reintroduce it to my routine! It is very gentle on my skin, while still working wonders! My skin feels so soft after using it and looks bright and fresh!

Skin calming day cream SPF 15
I wasn't blown away by this product really, it did the job but if i'm honest i feel like there will be a better cruelty free moisturiser for me out there (maybe even in their organic range) Moisturiser is a very important step in my personal routine as i get very dry skin, so it may just be my picky skin, on the plus side it didn't irritate or break me out, so not too shabby!


Skin calming Night cream
I felt this did a little bit better than the day cream, but this could be all down the fact is had all night to sink in and work some magic, as with the day cream i apply make-up pretty soon after, i'm not sure! However my face did feel softer and soothed in the morning, but again i do feel their might be better ones out there!


Refreshing Eye Roll-on All Bright
I neeeeeeed this product at the moment as i am not sleeping anywhere near as much as i should be! I love how refreshing it feels, especially at the end of the day when you take out your contacts or just before bed after a long day! It definitely hydrates my under eyes, but the one thing i don't think it really does is help with dark circles, which is a shame but, there is always concealer for that!


Radiance Balm All Bright
This is my favourite out of all of them! I don't really use this as a skincare product, i mix it in with my foundation for a lovely brightening effect. It has a beautiful pearly sheen, don't let the pink in the bottle put you off, it doesn't give off a pink tone on your skin! A must have for dull autumn/winter skin!


Cleansing face wipes
For me, this was the most underwhelming product! It really struggled to remove all my mascara, which was such a shame as i had high hopes and i love the idea of them, but i'm not too worried as there a few cruelty free make-up wipes on the market for me to try! 




You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great review! I've never tried anything by botanics, but their products really sound like they're worth a try! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good
    new post
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try out Botanics' line, great review!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live by these products - their oil-based waterproof eye makeup remover is an absolute dream! X
    flawedfairytale || Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those skincare products look great, and I love that they're vegan and cruelty free. I'm an aging vegetarian but my skin could use some attention.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/09/fbloggers-lingerie-haul-excuses-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a toner from this brand, it is awesome :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts